Saturday 30 January 2010

Swirling Of Colour

~I wrote this for someone, it's about dancing~

- - - - -

The swirling sensation, the cacophony of colour
Your laugh, your smile;
The world spins about us, the calm centre that exists between us,
a little place of our own.
I love the way you move,
so sure and confident.
We meet, we part, we slide by one another.
Your hair brushes my face.
We move as one, you come in close and our bodies meet,
a tiny universe forms between our eyes,
we do not look away.
The world slides and spins by as everything between
us slows down,
becomes still.
In that stillness we feel the warmth of each other,
that perfect moment,
and then you push back and spin,
I twirl you back and hold you in my arms,
I love the way you move,
so confident and sure.
Your hips and shoulders wave, your arms and legs fluid like fire,
You’re shaking,
I love the way you move.

No comments:

Post a Comment